June is National Homeownership Month and First National Bank and the Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA) are reminding current and prospective homeowners of the resources that community banks offer that make home financing easier and more affordable.
For most people, buying a home is an investment in their future — an opportunity to establish roots, start a family and build financial security. As your trusted financial advisor, First National Bank can help you navigate the process and select the financing option that works best for you.
For consumers considering purchasing a home, First National Bank can help you determine:
- How much you can borrow and what loan products best match your financial needs and budget considerations. We will review the mortgage process along with available mortgage programs and loan features so there aren’t any surprises.
- How mortgage rates, the loan amount, property taxes and insurance premiums affect monthly mortgage payments. This will help you shop for a home that fits your budget and increase your prospects for success as an informed buyer.
- Your rights and obligations under your mortgage contract. Today’s consumers have more avenues than ever to homeownership. We will help you understand the fine print before you sign on the dotted line.
- Suitable government-sponsored programs. We can talk with you about federal homeownership and home-buying assistance programs. In addition, First National Bank works with grant programs that other banks don’t, making homeownership more affordable.
- Additional resources to help you create a budget and set financial targets. We can point you in the right direction for homebuying resources.
For many Americans, homeownership represents the keys to financial wealth creation and putting down roots in their community. As relationship lenders, First National Bank is here to provide guidance and support in what can seem like an overwhelming process to becoming a homeowner.
Learn more about getting preapproved for a mortgage (First National Bank offers this FREE) and how a preapproval is different from a prequalification. A preapproval is essential in today's tight housing market!