In 1907 The First National Bank of Hartford was formed by a group of local citizens who believed that expanding banking services would be needed to support the growing industrial firms and supplement the agricultural community. On March 2, 1907 the bank received its Federal Charter under authority of the Comptroller of the Currency. For many year the bank operated on Main Street in Hartford and moved to its present local at 116 W. Sumner Street in 1970. The bank has operated continuously in Washington County since its inception and added offices in Slinger and Richfield. In 1989 we began offering non-bank investment services and 2000 a full service Independent Insurance Agency joined the First National Bank family. Our goals have always be to enhance our customers opportunities for financial success and safeguard their assets.
The banks ownership has grown over the years to 300 shareholders, the majority of whom work and live in the communities we serve. Our employees are also owners of the company and have a vested interest in helping our customers and community succeed. We believe in ourselves and what we do. Our customers deserve the best in financial services and we work hard at being the best!